Magical Holidays to Florida
Florida holidays: Number 1 USA destination
Miles of white sandy beaches, a pleasant year-round climate and the undisputed theme park capital of the world – it’s no wonder that the fabulous state of Florida is America’s number one holiday destination. With popular attractions like Walt Disney World, Magic Kingdom, Miami South Beach, Universal Studios, Sea World, Miami Beach, and Key West, there is plenty to see and do in Florida!
Millington Travel have been arranging holidays to Florida for over forty years, so we know what we are talking about. Our dedicated experts are Florida specialists and very adept at tailor making the ultimate Floridian holiday; be it a fun-filled and action-packed family theme park extravaganza, or an ultra-cool Miami city break, where you can dazzle in neon wonder.
Do you know about Florida’s hidden treasures?
Don’t think that Florida is all about sandcastles and rollercoasters – get off the beaten track and discover a hidden side to the state for a truly rewarding holiday. Contrast the laid-back beach resorts with fashionable Fort Lauderdale and the exquisite beaches of the Gulf Coast or head down to the beautiful Florida Keys, where the lifestyle is as horizontal as the landscape. You might just need it after a week of Orlando excitement and action.
Advice about the best times to visit Florida on holiday
Often referred to as the ‘Sunshine State’, Florida offers year-round temperatures in the low 20°C range during winter, and the low 30°C range in the summer. You can expect short, sharp showers in the afternoons. Hurricanes can form between June and October.
Florida: Need to know:
- 9-hour flight from the UK
- Non-stop flights from the UK to Ft Lauderdale, Miami, Tampa, Orlando
- Time difference -5 hours
- ESTA visa waiver required for British passport holder
Millington Top Ten in Florida:
- MANNA-WHAT? On the Gulf Coast of Florida there is some amazing sea life, but perhaps the most incredible is the manatee. One of the best places to see one is around the Crystal River, just north of Tampa.
- ISLAND HOP Drive down the Florida Keys, stopping at tiny islands and passing over the huge bridges that link them, one bridge is nearly seven miles long.
- KEEP IT SNAPPY The Everglades National Park is one of the largest national parks in the USA. Take a thrill-ride on an airboat for some alligator spotting.
- LIFE’S A BEACH Florida has too many amazing beaches to count, with Clearwater Beach named as America’s best beach in 2016.
- SPLASH IT UP Florida has one of the largest reefs in the world – take a boat or catamaran trip and snorkel it.
- WEST IS BEST Got a white beard? If so, head to the Ernest Hemingway Look-A-Like Competition at Sloppy Joe’s (Hemingway’s favourite bar) in Key West.
- BEST FOR KIDS Where do we start? With theme parks that include SeaWorld, Walt Disney World and Universal Studios, not to mention Harry Potter World, Florida – and especially Orlando – is the family entertainment capital of the world.
- KEY TO CUISINE If you’re in the Keys you have to try a piece of Key Lime Pie.
- ART DECO Head to the stylish South Beach in Miami for unrivalled people watching under the ultra-cool electric neon glow.
- LIVE IT LIKE A LOCAL Miami has a large Cuban population. Head into Little Havana and see the old men playing dominoes
Planning your trip to Florida Walt Disney World
The Walt Disney World Resort in Florida, also often called ‘Walt Disney World’ is situated in Bay Lake and Lake Buena Vista near Orlando in Florida. It’s easy to get to and there are plenty of fantastic places to stay on your holiday. We can help you choose the best resort hotels for you depending on what you want to do when you’re there. Speaking of which, there’s so much choice!
If you love rides try Disney’s Animal Kingdom theme park or the Magic Kingdom Park – both are absolutely amazing. For the kids (big and small) there’s also the chance to meet a myriad of Disney characters in their own setting at Disney’s Hollywood Studios – it really does feel like you’re under the sea with Ariel or witnessing Star Wars’ march of the first order for real. You can meet Alice in Wonderland – literally in Wonderland – or join a pirate tutorial held by Jack Sparrow; the list goes on and on!
If rides aren’t your thing, have a go at cake decorating, kayaking, pony rides, golf or tennis. You can even spend a day in the spa and there’s always the water park.
Then there’s the food. From café’s to bakeries, ice cream parlours to fine food – whatever type of cuisine from whichever corner of the world you desire, there’s a good chance you’ll find exactly what you’re looking for at Walt Disney World in Florida. And when you’re ready for a drink, where better to enjoy a cocktail than a range of Disney settings, from the Barefoot Pool Bar set against a mountain backdrop in Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort to the jungle setting of the Maji Pool Bar at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas?
Speak to a Florida Holidays expert about your perfect holiday today
We want every holiday you take to be your best holiday yet. The more we know about what you want, the better and more bespoke the holiday we’ll be able to find for you. What’s more, we are always happy to share our knowledge and advice about travelling to any location, including the areas that are best to stay in and the things that are an absolute must-see, all based on what is your cup of tea!